Wellbeing services county of North Ostrobothnia
The responsibility for organizing region´s public healthcare and social welfare as well as emergency and rescue services will be transferred to the wellbeing services county of North Ostrobothnia on 1 January 2023. Preparation for the new county is done gradually according to the law on the health and social services, reformed in the summer of 2021.
The reformed healthcare, social welfare and emergency and rescue services will enhance the region´s citizen´s opportunities to an equal and safe life.
Reform will improve the basic services
- Because of the reform, the region´s citizens will have access to more unified healthcare, social welfare and emergency services. The reform will also offer broader and tighter cooperation network for the staff and a new way of developing the region´s services and activities.
- The responsibility for organizing healthcare, social welfare and emergency services previously occupied by the municipalities will transfer to the wellbeing services counties.
- The wellbeing services counties are designed to be able to correspond to the constant changes in the society as well as to secure an equal access to quality services regardless of the location of residence
- The reform aims at the better availability of healthcare, social welfare and emergency services.
- The opportunity to receive early help is important in order to prevent the escalation of small issues.